Claire Parker is the creative lead on the ‘Make it’ project in Buxton. Claire has worked as a Creative Mentor for Derbyshire County Council for 3 years and is a HCPC registered Art Psychotherapist. She is committed to developing opportunities for vulnerable members of our society through innovative social and creative enterprise.
To get involved or to find out more please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make it’ is an innovative scheme for ‘young people in care’ funded by the Derbyshire Police Commissioners- community action grants. Creative mentors work alongside young people in collaboration with their carers, key workers, after care workers and social workers, in small groups or one to one, to build on skills and interests and support wellbeing through creative activity. ‘Make it’ builds on DCC’s Creative Mentoring programme and relationships with Buxton Opera House, The Green Man Gallery and other cultural venues across Derbyshire, developed through Amber Factory’s ‘Cultural Residency’ project throughout 2015/16/17. Sessions with young people and artists/ mentors on the ‘Make it’ project will usually involve:
- Creative activities/ workshops, making and designing, learning new skills
- Visiting galleries/ Museums/ Theatres. New experiences
- Establishing and developing relationships with cultural venues and local businesses
- Work experience opportunities, placements, apprenticeships
- Enterprise projects and business, self promoting, initiating and developing ideas